Monday, February 29, 2016

It's What I do by Lynsey Addario

by Kiana Summers

It was an okay book. I am very interested in photography and after Lynsey Addario visited our school and gave a presentation about her line of work I was intrigued. 

I thought it was boring for too long before anything interesting happened (which was only for a few pages) but then again, it was a memoir. There were some parts that were very captivating and really insightful and I just wanted to keep reading and sometimes even be in the moment with her. For instance, when she was interviewing rape victims in Darfur, Sudan, the stories were really moving because of the way they were written. Also, one of her near-death stories paired with the collateral damage made me realize life was really short and every action you take has consequences.

No comments:

Post a Comment