Thursday, January 8, 2015

The Art of Racing in the Rain by Garth Stein

by Ailsa Taylor

My mom recommended Garth Stein’s novel, The Art of Racing in the Rain, to me. When I started the book, I was skeptical because I do not normally like the books she recommends, but I figured I would give the book a shot. After the first chapter, I was hooked. The book is written from the point of view of a dog, which is an interesting change from books I normally read.

This book is good for anyone who is looking for a story that tugs at the heartstrings. I was unable to bring the book to read at school because the story was so sad, and I often cried or felt like crying when reading it. This book is also great for anyone interested in racing because Stein uses a lot of racing analogies.

No comments:

Post a Comment