Friday, January 9, 2015

Pirate Latitudes by Michael Crichton

by Dan Rafla

I enjoyed Pirate Latitudes because it has a lot of elements that I hadn’t encountered in fiction before. It was historical fiction, which made it very interesting, since I haven’t read a lot of books from that genre. It was gripping and I found myself reading tons of pages in one sitting due to the fact that I simply couldn’t put it down. It had a lot of action, mystery, and an incredible climax that ended with a twist. A thrilling read for sure.

I definitely recommend this book to anyone who enjoys fiction of any kind. The historical elements are well woven into the storyline, and Crichton’s use of sensory details brings the book to life. Also, Crichton’s expert look at the complicated, dangerous life of pirates and privateers gives a glimpse into the lives of some of the greatest seamen of that time period.

A great book written by an incredible author, and without a doubt, I give it five stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment