Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Orange is the New Black by Piper Kerman

Rachael Crunkleton

This book is an interesting read because it walks you through the daily life of a woman prisoner. Being a huge fan of the television series, I was expecting the book to be about drama and fights between the inmates, but to my surprise the book really focused on positive relationships and eye opening moments that Piper experiences first hand. From her former middle class life to roughing it in prison, Piper tells a story of perseverance, questioning society's tendency to label others and its fear of the blatant truth.

While reading the novel, it almost feels like a diary because of the specific events and personal details that make the story so real. I recommend this book to anyone over the age of 13 or 14, just because of the language. Overall, I enjoyed this book and I loved how truly honest it was.

No comments:

Post a Comment