Thursday, January 8, 2015

Much Ado About Nothing by William Shakespeare

by Julia Metraux

I loved Much Ado About Nothing because it is comedic, a little serious, has many subplots, and is rather easy to read. As Shakespeare is Shakespeare, this play has many innuendos and jokes. One character is named Benedick, and he is can be described as a dick. Featured in this story are war heroes, a royal father, an innocent daughter, a sassy woman, deceiving villains, and an idiotic police force. I am not going to spoil the ending, but I absolutely loved it.

This play very much reminded me of the play “The Inspector General,” as they are both comedic, have serious elements, have outlandish characters, and have happy endings.

I would recommend this book to anyone who likes a good laugh and can somewhat understand Shakespearean language.

No comments:

Post a Comment