Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Dead Man's Grip by Peter James

by Andre Chang

Dead Man's Grip
 is an entertaining novel. Although the plot wasn't that original, it captivated my attention from the very start and I did not put it down until it was finished. Peter James paces the story well and inserts pop culture references to help the readers connect with the characters and narrative. His style of writing is clear, new, and refreshing for me so I'm looking forward to reading more of his works. 

Dead Man's Grip is actually the 7th book of a series and I didn't realize this until after I finished the novel. Because of this, the only gripe I had with the plot was a small side story which probably would have been easier to understand if I had read the previous books in the series. Other than that, Dead Man's Grip is compelling and I recommend it to anyone looking for a simple, predictable, yet ultimately entertaining novel.

No comments:

Post a Comment